- Personally identifiable information collected by BCDC may only be disclosed by bylawful means.
- The purposes for which personally identifiable data are collected shall be specified at or prior to the time of collection, and any subsequent use of the data shall be limited to and consistent with the fulfillment of those purposes previously specified.
- Personal data may not be disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for a purpose other than those specified, except with the consent of the subject of the data, or as required by law or regulation.
- Personal data collected shall be relevant to the purpose for which it is needed.
- Prominently posts the policy in its offices and on its Internet Web site.
- Distributes the policy to each of its employees and contractors who have access to personal data.
- Complies with: the Information Practices Act (Civil Code section 1798 et seq.); the Public Records Act (Government Code section 6250 et seq.); Government Code section 11015.5, and all other laws pertaining to information privacy.