The award-winning San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission (BCDC) is a small state agency located in San Francisco's Financial District. BCDC has regulatory and planning authority over development in San Francisco Bay and along the Bay's nine-county shoreline. Our staff of 33 planners, analysts, engineers, attorneys, designers and secretaries take pride in our high level of professionalism and dedication.
We are seeking like-minded individuals with the appropriate qualifications to join our team. If you are interested in helping protect the resources of the San Francisco Bay, and meet the requirements specified in the announcements above, please contact the staff member listed in the announcement.
Click here to download the standard application form and its instructions (in Adobe Acrobat format). You must use the standard application form to apply for a position with this department. Once you have completed the application form, mail it to the address shown on the examination announcement. If you meet the minimum qualifications for admittance to an examination, you will be notified by mail of the time and place.
The State of California offers equal employment and advancement opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation.
It is the objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with state law, civil service rules, and the special trust placed in public servants.
For general questions regarding the Commission's employment practices, contact:
San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 10600
San Francisco, CA 94102-7019
Phone: (415) 352-3600
Fax: (415) 352-3606
You may also visit the California Department of Human Resources website for details about employment with the State of California
- Coastal Program Manager - Chief of Permits Full - Time, permanent (November 18, 2015)
- Office Assistant (Typing) or Office Technician (Typing) Full - Time, Limited-Term Position with the possibility of becoming permant (November 24, 2015)
- Coastal Program Analyst I or II - Regulatory Full -Time, 12 -Month, Limited - Term Position(s) with the possibility of extension to 24 months or becoming permanent (updated November 19, 2015)
- Legal Secretary or Senior Legal Typist - Full-Time, permanent (October 19, 2015)
- Coastal Program Analyst I or II - Coastal Planner - Full-Time, 24-Month, Limited-Term Position with the possibility of becoming permanent (Revised October 19, 2015)
Exams to establish California Civil Service eligibility for: