April 16, 2015 Commission Meeting Summary
Commissioners, Alternates, and Staff:
20 members attended the April 16, 2015 BCDC meeting, which was held at MetroCenter Auditorium in Oakland.
On a vote of 17-0-0, the Commission approved BCDC Permit Application No. 2013.004.00, which authorizes Hanson Marine Operations to mine up to 12.03 million cubic yards of sand from San Francisco Bay over ten years in Marin and San Francisco counties. For details contact Brenda Goeden (415/352-3623; email@example.com).
On a vote of 17-0-0, the Commission approved BCDC Permit Application No. 2013.005.00md, which authorizes Suisun Associates to mine up to 2.45 million cubic yards of sand from Suisun Bay over ten years in Solano County. For details contact Pascale Soumoy (415/352-3669; firstname.lastname@example.org).
On a vote of 17-0-0, the Commission approved BCDC Permit Application No. 2013.003.00md, which authorizes Lind Marine Inc. to mine up to 1.25 million cubic yards of sand from the Middle Ground Island area in Contra Costa County. For details contact Anniken Lydon (415/352-3624; email@example.com).
The Commission voted unanimously to support three pieces of legislation pending in the State Legislature (SB 379, SB 718, and AB 746) and to work constructively on five others (SB 709, SB 246, AB 1482, AB 1362, and AB 435). For details contact Steve Goldbeck (415/352-3611; firstname.lastname@example.org).
All materials presented during the meeting, and associated materials, can be found on the BCDC website in the Commission Meeting materials section. The Executive Director’s report is attached to this e-mail.
The next regularly scheduled Commission meeting will occur on May 21, 2015, and will be held at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. The preliminary agenda includes, but may not be limited to:
- A public hearing and possible vote on a proposed contract with the State Office of Oil Spill Prevention and Response.
- A vote on the application by the Golden Gate Bridge and Transportation District to replace its ferry terminal in Sausalito.
- A public hearing and possible vote on a permit application from the City of Larkspur to rebuild the Bon Air Bridge.
- A public hearing and possible vote on an application by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for a consistency determination to enable it to perform maintenance dredging in the Bay.
- A public hearing on the NOAA Assessment and Strategy report prepared by BCDC staff.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns at (415) 352-3653 or at email@example.com.