February 20, 2014 Commission Meeting Summary
BCDC Commissioners, Alternates, and Staff:
19 members attended today's BCDC meeting, which was held at the Ferry Building in San Francisco.
The Commission voted unanimously to enter into a contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for BCDC's Climate Policy Implementation Project. For details contact Lindsey Fransen (415/352-3649; email@example.com).
The Commission received a briefing on "Safeguarding California," the State's adaptation strategy designed by the Natural Resources Agency. For details contact Steve Goldbeck (415/352-3611; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Commission received a briefing on the Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP) and its implications for restoring the Bay-Delta ecosystem. For details contact Joe LaClair (415/352-3656; email@example.com).
The Commission received a briefing from representatives of CalRecycle and the United States Environmental Protection Agency on the recent interagency cleanup of the Oakland-Alameda Estuary. For details contact Adrienne Klein (415/352-3609; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The next regularly scheduled Commission meeting will be held on March 6, 2014 (1:00 P.M.) at the Ferry Building in San Francisco. The tentative agenda includes:
- A public hearing and possible vote on the Bruener Marsh Restoration Project in Richmond;
- A briefing on the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority and its possible November 2014 ballot measure;
- An update on the California Department of Fish and Wildlife's Napa Pond Trail Project; and,
- A briefing on the BCDC-Port of San Francisco collaborative planning process.
- It is likely, although not definitive, that the Commission will not meet on March 20, 2014.
Please contact Larry Goldzband (415/352-3653; email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.