May 16, 2013 Commission Meeting Summary
21 members attended the BCDC meeting on Thursday, May 16, which was held at the MetroCenter in Oakland.
The Commission held a public hearing on, and adopted, BCDC's 2013-2016 Strategic Plan.
The Commission held a public hearing on AB 1273 (Ting) that would, among other things, amend and update earlier state legislation for Piers 30-32 on the San Francisco waterfront to set standards for consistency with the public trust doctrine and the Burton Act trust regarding a proposed development by the Golden State Warriors. The Commission directed staff to inform the Legislature of the Commission's concerns about the legislation, to continue to discuss the proposed legislation with City and Port staff in an effort to narrow and/or resolve differences, and to return to the Commission at its June 20, 2013 meeting.
The Commission considered and adopted its 2012 Annual Report.
The Commission meeting scheduled for June 6, 2013 is cancelled. The next Commission meeting will be held on June 20, 2013, at the MetroCenter in Oakland. The preliminary agenda will include the following items:
- Public hearing and possible vote: The Commission will consider a permit application for a multi-use pathway connection for the Marin Ferry in Larkspur.
- Discussion and possible vote: The Commission will consider a contract for graphics and mapping services.
- Briefing/Update and possible vote: Commission staff will present an update and staff recommendation on AB 1273 (see above).
- Briefing: Staff will provide a briefing on the state-wide Golden Guardian emergency preparedness exercise.
- Briefing: Staff will provide a briefing on the Overseas Raymar allision with the Bay Bridge.
For details, contact Larry Goldzband (415/352-3653; firstname.lastname@example.org).